The Peace First Fellowship reflects our commitment to investing in the leadership of youth peacemakers.
The goals are to:
- Invest in young leaders whose work and ideas demonstrate tangible youth peacemaking;
- Learn from the work of these young peacemakers to advance the field of youth peacemaking;
- Create advocates and spokespersons for the importance of teaching peace and for changing social messages to youth about peace.
Winners will each receive a $50,000, two-year Fellowship which can be used in two ways:
- Contributing to the winner’s education and professional development
- Supporting the winner’s ongoing peacemaking work
The Fellowship includes these experiences:
- Community: Fellows will be convened 3- 5 times during their 2-year fellowship to create a peer group of peacemaking leaders. They also serve as ambassadors for Prize events in future years;
- Professional Development: Fellows will engage in a leadership development program supported by conference calls, webinars, direct coaching, and a structured curriculum;
- Mentoring: Each Fellow will work with a national business, political, or community leader who will provide advice, connections, and mentorship through quarterly conversations.
- Collective Action: Fellows will actively engage in Peace First’s mission and work. This includes public speaking, school visits, and participating in national and local peace initiatives.