Gift of Art
Un proyecto de construcción de paz de Sanika S.
¿Cuál es la injusticia que estamos intentando resolver?
Genetic Disorders is an out-of-reach issue, that cannot be controlled. These genetic disorders change a kids life in the most miserable ways. Even the smallest change in the DNA of a child can alter everything in his/her body, from cleft lips to conjoined toes. This small change makes the child feel different than other children. But I want to change this, starting at the Children's Hospital @ Colorado Springs. I want to make every child feel like no different than the others.
Nuestra Idea Compasiva
Para resolver la injusticia de disabled children not being accepted for who they are, by others.
Abordaremos the issue, that some disabled children do not have a place to feel included.
A través de creating a safe place for all special children to feel respected and included, we will solve this injustice.
- Research the most common type of disorder occurring in children and provide the children @Children's Hospital with an opportunity to feel included and support their families with joy
Aumentaremos mi / nuestra compasión por medio de...
making sure that patients can have an opportunity to forget about their pain and loss, for just a few hours. I want them to know that they are great and need to be appreciated. Happiness for children, creates pleasure for parents as well. So my project is not only effecting children, but their parents as well.
¿Cómo mostrarás coraje (valentía)?
I will show my courage by communicating with various people at the hospital and the patient's themselves. I need to improve my communication skills to do so. To get feedback from families about this project, I need to talk to them personally about my project and it's purpose.
¿Cómo colaborarán con otros/as?
I will collaborate with others in many ways. I will need to get permission to do this project at Children's Hospital. (I have gotten permission to do it already @ the Denver Children's Hospital.) I will also need to talk to the patient's families to get feedback on how I can improve this project.
¿Cómo sabrás que te estás moviendo en la dirección correcta? (¿Cuáles son las formas específicas en que puedes medir tu impacto?)
I can measure my impact by taking feedback from families and how it affected their stay at the hospital. I want to make sure that the patients enjoy their time drawing their masterpieces. This will allow them to forget about what has been going on with them, for just a few minutes.
- -Communicate with the volunteering department at different Children's Hospitals to see if they are willing to complete this project with me.
- -Research about the most common types of mental, physical, and behavioral disorders are in children
- -Collect the supplies, decide what to exactly buy once I get the money
- -Make packages for every patient, because they cannot share supplies unless disinfected, including 2 pencils (sharpened), 1 eraser, crayons, and a sheet of heavy-duty paper
- -Send supplies to get checked by the Children's Hospital to make sure they are safe, for the patients to use.
- -Create a "Feedback Questions" paper for parents and children to give me their opinion about my project