Student Voice for DSST
Un proyecto de construcción de paz de Aminab K.
¿Cuál es la injusticia que estamos intentando resolver?
I want to change the racial inequity at DSST Stapleton High School.
Nuestra Idea Compasiva
Para resolver la injusticia de Social and racial inequity in my school
Abordaremos lack of student voice for minorities
A través de creating and funding a student body of minorities to propose new policies for training of teachers to learn how to educate and help students be inclusive of others and create a strong sense of inclusivity and community.
- To create a diverse student body for social justice and equity in my school
- To provide an alliance where people can feel accepted for their differences
- To award those in the school for outstanding achievement who are under appreciated
- To show school staff and students that color or social class doesn't determine whether or not your are able to succeed
Aumentaremos mi / nuestra compasión por medio de...
Having weekly student meetings and group discussions about policies and issues among the school and how we can solve them.
¿Cómo mostrarás coraje (valentía)?
I will provide a morning meeting to the school about my proposal for a new group and send an email to the whole school if they would be willing to join the group.
¿Cómo colaborarán con otros/as?
Invite others I’ve worked with in the past to help provide structure and leadership for the group.
¿Cómo sabrás que te estás moviendo en la dirección correcta? (¿Cuáles son las formas específicas en que puedes medir tu impacto?)
I will know I am moving in the right direction if we have a large turnout for the group and more whole-school discussions about equity and how those can help out.
- -First get a group of students willing to lead the group
- -Plan a morning meeting for the whole school why this issue is important and why people should support
- -Send a whole-School email asking whether or not people want to support
- -Tally up all the people willing to join the group
- -Have a selection of those willing to join the group to see who is fully committed
- -Create a schedule for the school equity group for when meetings will occur
- -Have discussions about the issues at school hopefully change the school culture and equity issue