We believe that for Peace First’s programs to be truly impactful, they must not only serve young people, they must be led by young people. Our programs are delivered by a team of the world’s most talented young social change leaders: Fellows-in-Residence.
The Fellows-in-Residence Program is a paid, year-long Fellowship for emerging social change leaders who aspire to build a movement of youth working for change. We search the world for young people who have led movements, campaigns, nonprofits, and social enterprises, made significant positive change in their community and are looking for their next leadership opportunity as they work towards a lifelong career as a leader in the social sector. Through a competitive application process, we select an exceptional cohort of young people (under age 26) who join the Peace First team for one year to lead our programs in their home region.
During their year of service, Fellows-in-Residence receive competitive pay, professional development funding, mentorship and training and travel opportunities. They join a global Community of Practice, collaborating with other Fellows-in-Residence from around the world who become a critical source of support, guidance, feedback and friendship on their journey. Over the course of the year, Fellows-in-Residence grow their networks within and beyond their region and build skills across many different domains critical to social change leadership.
Fellows-in-Residence lead Peace First’s programs in their region, working to mobilize and support hundreds of young leaders in their community as knowledgeable yet approachable near-peers. Job duties of a Fellow-in-Residence include:
- Designing and implementing recruitment strategy in their region
- Mobilizing and managing volunteer Ambassadors to meet regional goals
- Providing feedback and support to a large portfolio of youth project leaders
- Reviewing and approving all mini-grant applications within their region
- Developing and managing partnerships with organizations in their region
- Serving as a coach for Accelerator grantees
- Hosting Labs, Community Calls and other trainings for young people
- Speaking on behalf of Peace First
- Supporting the design of new and improved Peace First programming
- Contributing to organizational fundraising and storytelling efforts
The Fellows-in-Residence program is designed to be a launchpad for the next generation of social change leaders. Our alumni have received Fulbright, Chevening and Mastercard scholarships for further study, advanced into management positions in the social sector and startups and returned to their organizations with the skills, networks and knowledge needed to take their ideas to scale. Many Fellows-in-Residence choose to serve a second year in the program.
Applications for the Fellows-in-Residence program are currently closed. When applications reopen, instructions will be accessible from this page.