Global Ambassador Program 2021-2022: Overview
The Peace First Ambassador program is a 12-month volunteer opportunity under the Fellow in Residence program that engages young talented leaders and motivated changemakers from around the world, to work directly with the designated fellows in their region on expanding, recruiting, supporting and building the Peace First movement in their communities.
The Ambassadors program aims to harness the power of young people by creating a space for them to take leadership positions within Peace First to increase their skills and knowledge about their regions and the world, in order to develop visionary leaders who can be youth mobilizers and changemakers of the present and the future.
By becoming a Peace First Ambassador, you will have access to a wide network of global young leaders who are driving change inside their communities, and you will have the chance to build on your personal development and career enhancement. This program is an experience for emerging young leaders who will support other young people to come up with solutions for the current injustices they are facing in their communities and offer them an opportunity to turn their ideas and thoughts into actions, with the continuous support and personalized mentorship they will be receiving from the Fellows in Residence team and Peace First global staff.
Please view the application form here to learn more.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the recruitment of young people and projects to the PeaceFirst.Org platform in your community.
Ambassadors will use a combination of direct personal outreach through their own networks and allies of Peace First, partnerships with youth-serving organizations, social media outreach, and running Peace First info sessions/labs (events where young people learn more about Peace First and our digital tools to start their changemaking projects), or speaking/leading workshops about Peace First at other events.
- Lead community support calls.
Ambassadors will work on deepening Peace First’s impact and reach around the world by leading a series of designed community calls that focus on supporting young changemakers in understanding what we offer as an organization. These calls may include regional or country changemakers hangouts, speaking engagements with external organizations as a Peace First representative to talk about the challenges and injustices young people face, Impact room sessions, or contributing to telling the stories of young people served in their countries on social media, etc.
- Support the fellow(s) in their regions in community management and support young people in their projects.
This role can include welcoming projects on the platform, providing feedback on the compassion insights, planning regional hangouts for young people on the platform, or supporting onboarding calls for young people in different stages in their changemaking journeys.
Why Become a Peace First Ambassador?
- Join a global cohort of young leaders and changemakers. Ambassadors will be part of both a regional and global community of like-minded young leaders. Through workshops, training and community calls, Ambassadors will build global competencies, learn about regional injustices and organizing tactics, and develop connections with peers around the world.
- Access monthly mentorship and personalized coaching opportunities. Each Ambassador will participate in a peer mentorship program with another young leader, and have ongoing opportunities for coaching and personal development calls with their region’s Fellow in Residence. Additionally, Ambassadors can access Peace First’s Office Hours program with senior staff members to advance their leadership skills and projects.
- Participate in professional development and skills training. A core element of the Ambassadors program is formalized opportunities to learn and grow as a young changemaker. Ambassadors will be invited to participate in workshops and skills training on a regular basis.
- Build your expertise in nonprofit management, systems development, project leadership, youth mentorship and the grant application process. Ambassadors develop a variety of skills throughout the program by working closely with the Fellows in Residence team and hands-on experience in program implementation and day-to-day operations.
- The Peace First volunteer Ambassador program is open for young people between 13-25 anywhere in the world. Please note that the lower age range varies by region.
- Must be able to commit 12 months for this program.
- Language competency in English and/or Arabic, Spanish (varies by regional context).
- You must have reliable internet access that will support participation in video or voice calls.
- Must demonstrate a deep passion and desire to work with young people in your local, regional and global community.
- Desire to connect with and learn about youth programs and organizations within your region.
- Has previous knowledge of starting or being involved in a changemaking project.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Peace First values of courage, compassion and collaboration.
- Ability to work with others from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences; commitment to respect, include and collaborate with people of different cultures, countries, sexual orientation and gender identity, religion, age, ability, etc.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How much time will I need to dedicate to the Peace First Ambassador program?
We currently anticipate Ambassadors dedicating approximately 10-15 hours per month to the Peace First Ambassadors program.
- Is there compensation offered to Peace First Ambassadors?
The Peace First Ambassadors program is a volunteer role. However, each region will have funding to support the Ambassadors’ work, including offsetting travel or other program expenses. You will never be asked to use your own funds to support your work. Participants will also have access to professional development, coaching, leadership opportunities, and quality recommendation letters for future endeavors.
- How can I access information about the application process for my region?
You can view the global application form here. After indicating your region, the form will provide additional information about the application process for your country.
- I’m not sure what region my country is in. How can I check?
Please view this list to confirm which region your country is included in.
- I have a question that isn’t answered here. What should I do?
Please contact our team at email@example.com with any additional questions, and a Peace First representative for your region will contact you directly.