We are excited about the increasing number of international young people who are joining the Peace First platform, creating their peacemaking projects, and requesting mini-grants to support the implementation of their project! Peace First is pleased to provide mini-grants up to $250 USD to support young peacemakers from outside the U.S. and U.K. in taking action in their communities.
In order to secure your eligibility for the mini-grants, ensure a high level of accountability for Peace First, and make sure that money is going to help the implementation of the projects that run by the young people, you are invited to submit the following:
- Skype ID: we will be conducting a 20-30 minutes call with you after you’ve submitted the mini-grant request;
- A photocopy of your identification or passport;
- A reference letter from a non-governmental organization (NGO) or Community Based Organization (CBO) that you are working or volunteering with. See sample reference letter with minimum details required.
- If you never worked or volunteered at an NGO or CBO, then provide us with a recommendation letter from a professor or a teacher. See sample recommendation letter with minimum details required.
We encourage you to submit the required documents as soon as possible so that the verification process will start. These documents can be submitted using this form. The process of verification will usually take two weeks, though times can vary. The sooner you provide the above-required information, the sooner the verification process will start. The verification process includes:
- Reviewing the project and providing feedback by Peace First staff;
- If needed, based on the Peace First criteria and the feedback provided, the team of young people will need to update the project
- Checking ID/Passport and the reference letter by Peace First staff. Peace First staff may contact the reference directly to verify the details provided
- Conducting the Skype call with the young people by Peace First staff;
Based on the above process, you will be notified by email of the final result.
Thanks for your patience and understanding as we work to guarantee a transparent process to ensure the funds we have available go directly to young people changing the world through peacemaking projects. If you have any questions, please contact: [email protected]