A Peacemaking Project by Emily O.
What is the injustice we are solving?
The separation between different groups of people, the cliques.
Our Compassionate Solution:
To solve this injustice of the separation between different groups of people
we will address stereo types, comfort zones, and cliques
by merging unfamiliar groups together, talking with students from my school to find their ideas to a solution, and creating engaging presentations and assemblies.
Our Project Plan:
- Eliminate cliques
- To solve injustice I will address stereotypes and cliques through presentations and a new school club.
We will increase my / our compassion by...
Listen to peoples’ stories to get to know them better, be more involved in other peoples’ lives. Reach out to “lonely” people to be starting memebers of the school club.
How will you show courage?
Talk with people I normally don’t. Give a presentation about the injustice and the new school club.
How will you collaborate with others?
I will talk to students, teachers, and possibly administrators.
How will you know you are moving in the right direction? (What are specific ways you can measure your impact?)
Ways to measure that the plan is working and the injustice is being solved includes seeing a happier school environment, a welcomingness between students (new and in different grades), seeing more people wanting to join the club.
- Survey students about the separation
- Create a presentation for the school about; the injustice, how I plan on solving it, and what the club will be like
- Gather people to be members of the council
- Schedule meetings for the club to find more solutions to the current injustice and other possible injustices
- Implement the solutions that have come up or plan events to solve the problem
- Keep the club going to solve other injustices students see