A Peacemaking Project by Logan N.
What is the injustice we are solving?
An injustice that I want to change in my community is cultural ignorance. At my school, there is a lot people who are ignorant and uneducated about other cultures, which leads to blatant racism. This is unacceptable, and it creates an atmosphere where certain groups of people are not welcome.
Our Compassionate Solution:
To solve this injustice of cultural ignorance which leads to racism
we will address the issue of exclusive and racial slurs against other cultures/groups of people
by creating some kind of culture fair/event that focuses on minority stories and other groups that teaches people about them. By doing this, people will become educated on other cultures. This can be done through speakers, activities, and peers.
Our Project Plan:
- Start a change in our community on the lines of discrimination and cultural ignorance.
- Establish a day in which everyone in the school is required to learn about different cultures.
We will increase my / our compassion by...
Listening to others and taking into account every individual's perspective on the situation.
How will you show courage?
I will show courage by persevering through this process of creating a day to learn about cultural ignorance and discrimination.
How will you collaborate with others?
I will collaborate with others by listening to everyone's ideas, integrate them, and make sure that our final product is good.
How will you know you are moving in the right direction? (What are specific ways you can measure your impact?)
By checking the list of steps to take that we have set up.
- Create a pitch for the administration on our event
- Get a teacher to sponsor our idea and event
- Get the pitch/plan approved
- Set up a time and date for the event
- Get resources for the event such as guest speakers, decorations, activity/materials
- Publicize event
- Host event