A Peacemaking Project by Emely H.
What is the injustice we are solving?
"Mission Impossible" will consist in a series of actions that fulfill the emotional support and rise in self-esteem needed in society.
Our Compassionate Solution:
To solve this injustice of Lack of emotional support and self-esteem
we will address The lack of awareness and knowledge caused by technology
by Commencing a series of actions that fulfill the emotional support and rise in self-esteem needed in society.
Our Project Plan:
- Series of actions to make my high school campus and community a healthier environment.
We will increase my / our compassion by...
Targeting different groups of people. My intentions will be to recognize those who work hard and those who need a little positivity to keep on moving forward with life. It will involve students, staff members, and members of the community of Ontario.
How will you show courage?
I will talk to people and strangers in order to encourage them to be part of a change that I can not do alone. I do not like to talk to people and I get a bit nervous, so it will improve my social and communication skills in the end.
How will you collaborate with others?
I will collaborate with other students and staff members in order to share my ideas, to gain support, and to make the necessary modications to obtain optimal effiency and productivity that makes a difference in our community.
How will you know you are moving in the right direction? (What are specific ways you can measure your impact?)
I will know that I am moving in the right direction when I see more kindness. When I walk through the halls, I will see compassion, respect, and selflessness aroung individuals. I will also see more consistent smiles and laughter throughout the day. There will be less students in the discipline office, because they know that there are people out there who genuinely want to help.
- Research a postal office and find out how many are employed at that specific location
- Go out and purchase construction paper and crafting paper in order to create thank you cards for postal workers along side with candy that was purchased
- Create cards for staff members at Ontario High School with the same materials who are hardly recognized such as janitors and gardeners.
- Purchase poster paper and paint supplies
- Create posters with inspirational quotes and hang them all around campus with the approval of the principal
- Raise the self esteem of underclassmen by encouraging them to begin a fashion club on campus that will be sponsored by FIDM.
- Target bikers by purchasing at least one hand pump and placing it in the bike rack for anyone to use if they have a flat tire.
- Buy at least 1000sheets of lined paper and do an activity in the gym that involves and encourages all students to be supportive of each other and to help endure their problems and where they can express themselves.