The Positive Minds Initiative
A Peacemaking Project by Samuel N.
What is the injustice we are solving?
Lack of entrepreneurial skills and mind development
Our Compassionate Solution:
To solve this injustice of Low entrepreneurship skills among young people in my community
we will address Ignorance among young people and their leaders in understanding entrepreneurship skills
by Organizing a 5 day intensive entrepreneurship training 100 young people in eleme community.
Our Project Plan:
- We will create a platform,partnering with startup entrepreneurs who has already established businesses to exhibits their products and services and also teach the participant on how to start, which it will be fully sponsored by us through donations from family, friends,grants and partnerships to help them start out their own enterprises, in the next 3 month from February 2020, we would have helped 250 youths in Eleme community with entrepreneurship skills.
We will increase my / our compassion by...
Getting feedbacks from our participants from the training to know how it has benefited them and their next line of action. We will also give assignments/task to the participant through out the training to test their commitments and willingness to be productive in the society.
How will you show courage?
We will do social media campaigns, share flyers and mount banners at strategic places in the community and also reaching out to other NGOs to create more awareness and reaching to the local government towards paying attention to the development of the youths in the community.
How will you collaborate with others?
We would collaborate with our local newspaper as well as other NGOs to create awareness and also in teaching some entrepreneurship skills and also collaborate with an official bank in Nigeria close to the community to enable our participants learn the act of savings.
How will you know you are moving in the right direction? (What are specific ways you can measure your impact?)
* We will monitor their skill set and check how many are able to learn new skills through questioning and practical test. * We conduct interview session with each participant to tell us how the training has impacted them.
- Send letters to local churches and youth community meetings to inform them about the opportunity.
- Prepare a registration form form each participants.
- Organize training materials
- Arrange the hall with plastic chairs and tables for the training.