A Peacemaking Project by Aarushi P.
What is the injustice we are solving?
Victims of sexual crimes are not given a safe atmosphere to tell their stories and recover in.
Our Compassionate Solution:
To solve this injustice of the lack of resources and empowerment of victims of sexual violence
we will address the conservative, judgmental attitudes of society
by encouraging survivors to speak out, recover, and share their stories without shame or guilt.
Our Project Plan:
- reduce the stigma surrounding sexual violence
- encourage survivors to speak out about their stories and experiences
- create a safe, supportive space for survivors to recover
- we will know we have reached our goal when we have 20 stories shared by survivors via the forum on our app.
- we will promote the release of the app via social media and word of mouth to encourage individuals to speak out
- the app will provide mental health resources and a forum for survivors to express themselves
- we will have the app released by the end of 2019 or the beginning of 2020
We will increase my / our compassion by...
connecting with survivors and empowering them to share their experiences and stories.
How will you show courage?
We will show courage by being willing to encourage others to speak despite a fear of failure and backlash.
How will you collaborate with others?
We will collaborate with others by working with survivors to listen to them, their stories, and unique perspectives. We will also work with other organizations to organize events and other activities to support survivors.
How will you know you are moving in the right direction? (What are specific ways you can measure your impact?)
We are planning to launch an app and have already planned it. Our app will include mental health resources and activities catered towards depression, anxiety, PTSD, self-harm, and more. It will also include a regulated forum for survivors to share their stories with one another within the app. We can measure our impact based on engagement or the amount of people downloading it, and how many survivors are using the forum to share their stories.
- we will begin coding the app
- we will finalize the layout and organization of it
- we will check cybersecurity and privacy issues
- we will launch the app!