A Peacemaking Project by Emily G.
What is the injustice we are solving?
The Earth is not treated correctly and we need to help avoid issues like climate change, global warming, and pollution.
Our Compassionate Solution:
To solve this injustice of waste in our communities and our bodies of water
we will address the lack of mindfulness and caring of the environment
by raising awareness and helping our community get rid of pollution by going to big lakes and rivers to pick up garbage
Our Project Plan:
- To help clean up our community by reducing pollution and in our aging others to do so as well
- To reduce pollution in our local lakes and rivers by taking groups to pick up garbage
- To raise awareness to others about issues facing our environment by speaking and creating posters around our community
- To collect clean mascara wands and ship them to a rescue organization to help clean wild animals
We will increase my / our compassion by...
We will show people what we are doing and how it will help the environment.
How will you show courage?
We will go out and talk to people and raise awareness in our community.
How will you collaborate with others?
We will collaborate with others by including everyone in our projects to help the community.
How will you know you are moving in the right direction? (What are specific ways you can measure your impact?)
We can measure our impact by seeing and rise in environmental awareness and seeing less/no pollution in our community.
- Put our thoughts into order so we can get stuff done efficiently
- organize our money into chunks of how much and what it’s for
- Get the necessary items to follow through with our mini projects (for example, poster board, trash bags, etc.)
- Start putting our plans into action by setting up and doing the mini projects
- taking groups to clean garbage from local parks and bodies of water