A Peacemaking Project by Mackenzie M.
What is the injustice we are solving?
In my community I am trying to change the fact that a visually impaired person walks into a restaurant they cannot receive a braille menu that they can read.
Our Compassionate Solution:
To solve this injustice of visually impaired people feeling independent
we will address the no braille menus in a restaurant
by making braille menus and giving them to restaurants.
Our Project Plan:
- Our goal is to have braille menus in every restaurant in Harrison, Arkansas. When and if we get that done, we will expand to outside of Harrison is another goal of ours.
We will increase my / our compassion by...
We will increase our compassion by speaking with more visually impaired people to get their ideas and thoughts on the world and equality.
How will you show courage?
We will show courage by expanding our idea into the public and by letting everyone have a fair shot even with their differences.
How will you collaborate with others?
We will collaborate with restaurant owners and the Lions Club.
How will you know you are moving in the right direction? (What are specific ways you can measure your impact?)
We will know that we are moving in the right direction if other visually impaired people use our braille menus at restaurants and if more local restaurants contact us for a braille menu.
- Step 1: Contact each restaurant owner and ask if they would like a braille menu.
- Step 2: After we get permission we will make the braille menu for no cost.
- Step 3: Deliver the braille menu to that restaurant.
- Step 4: Repeat until all the restaurants in Harrison are done.