A Peacemaking Project by AARON G.
What is the injustice we are solving?
We want to provide home bakers(single moms, veterans, etc) and small local bakeries an online delivery platform(through our unique app & website) to effectively compete with larger bakeries chains and franchises. Currently the larger chains have consolidated the market through extremely cheap prices, better distribution, affordable delivery, significantly more funding and significantly longer shelf life of products.
Our Compassionate Solution:
To solve this injustice of Corporate greed
we will address Home bakers and small local bakeries
by providing affordable, convenient access of home baked products to local consumers and businesses effectively providing additional sales channels through our app and website while ultimately creating an online bakery platform to compete with larger chains and corporations.
Our Project Plan:
- SMART Goals: 2019: To consistently work with 10 different home bakers in Cleveland through my company, PastryNow's expansion into Cleveland State University and Case Western Reserve University. 2020: To consistently work with 20 different home bakers in Cleveland and 5 in Columbus through expansion to Ohio State University.
- Head, Hear, Hands and Feet: I can take action by focusing on maximizing the efficiency of all of PastryNow's current sales channels to give all the home bakers we work with enough revenue to sustain themselves and to encourage others to take the same chance.
- Planning and Budgeting: We have had a few investors believe in our mission. We are currently seeking mini-grants to help us with our expansion into CSU and CWRU. Our plan to raise the withstanding amount of money(We will need at least $5000) is to participate as vendors for Fairs & Festivals and also conduct Dessert Pop up events at local craft wineries and breweries.
- Reducing Risk: We can reduce risk by focusing on sales to help us further establish ourselves and grow in the process.
We will increase my / our compassion by...
Donating varying portions of our future profit to organizations that promote local businesses and home bakers. We will continue to choose best practices for the baker in our operations such as paying upfront in full for all orders before a sale is even made to the customer.
How will you show courage?
We will show courage by agreeing to pay for all products beforehand and taking the major risk of selling all products as well as eating the costs of deadweight loss(The 2 major issues that bakers are currently facing)
How will you collaborate with others?
By partnering with local organizations, bakers as well as university student groups and campus organizations to collaborate and make this project a success ultimately.
How will you know you are moving in the right direction? (What are specific ways you can measure your impact?)
We will know that we are moving in the right direction by showing promising revenue figures as our expansion progresses from August through December in both campuses.
- 1) CWRU expansion
- 2) CSU expansion
- 3) Festivals & Fair vending
- 4) Dessert Pop up events at local craft breweries and wineries
- 5) Investing in a brand ambassador for both campuses
Logistics LocationAARON G. 23 July 2019 11:10 We have just finalized our new logistics location in 4614 Prospect avenue to fulfill orders for the CSU and CWRU campus for the Fall 2019 semester. We would like to thank PeaceFirst for believing in our project as they have definitely helped us get to this stage.
Logistics LocationAARON G. 23 July 2019 11:11 We have just finalized our new logistics location in 4614 Prospect avenue to fulfill orders for the CSU and CWRU campus for the Fall 2019 semester. We would like to thank PeaceFirst for believing in our project as they have definitely helped us get to this stage.
Prospect LocationAARON G. 2 November 2019 15:03 Prospect Location has been fully set up and refrigerator unit has been placed too.
Peace First Staff
11 October 2019 21:21
My name is Brennan, and I'm a Fellow-in-Residence here at Peace First. Sounds like you're doing some great work!
How are things going with your project? We'd love to see any updates that you have to share. Please remember to submit your reflection as well when your project goals are complete.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Peace First Staff
4 November 2019 18:16
So awesome to see your updates! How are things going? What are you focusing on this month?
Let us know if there's anything we can do to support you.